Posted on December 29, 2010 by foreflight
ForeFlight Mobile HD version 3.8 is now available for your iPad and iPhone! Download it today from the App Store and grab the latest update to the user manual.
Here is a rundown of the new features and bug fixes in 3.8:
- Print Instrument Procedures with iOS 4.2 AirPrint (iPad only). Only a small number of printers are supported now, but Apple is working to add more in the future.
- NOTAMs are saved to your device after viewing.
- Native city- or airport name-based search – no internet connection required. Put quotes around multi-word queries like “San Diego”.
- Redesigned N-number/aircraft search with improved Aircraft views.
- Soft-lock on procedures view now locks rotation on iPad, since the iPad lock-switch is now a mute switch in iOS 4.2.
- iOS 4.2 compatibility with better fast-app switching support for iPad.
- Improved airway support
- Detection of intersection automatically when two airways put side by side
- Automatically uses closest VOR on airway as exit/entry point when airport is adjacent to an airway in a route
- Better support for joining airway to SID/STAR
- Improved SID/STAR support (e.g. fixed issue where some waypoints would repeat).
- Better performance in flight plan filing form on iOS 4.2 and fix for possible crash when exiting form on iPhone.
- Fixed bug where BYOP procedures are not accessible from Favorites and Recents.
- Fixed bug where maps would get clipped after rotating iPad on another view.
- Fixed location tracking bug.
- New settings (see ForeFlight section in iPad Settings app)
- Change type of aircraft shown on Maps when in motion.
- Disable auto-hide of toolbar in full screen approach plate viewer.
- Fixed issue preventing a tap of the top status/time bar from scrolling to top of view in Airport details (iPhone).
The Pilot’s Guide to ForeFlight Mobile
We’ve updated our user manual, the Pilot’s Guide to ForeFlight Mobile HD. Click here to get the latest version of the manual.
How to Get 3.8
New to ForeFlight? Download ForeFlight Mobile HD today from the App Store!
Already have the app? Follow these instructions for updating the app on your iPad or iPhone.
Need a group plan or backup subscription? View group pricing here.
Filed under: ForeFlight Mobile | Tagged: App Store, ForeFlight Mobile, iPad, iPhone Aviation | Comments Off
Posted on December 16, 2010 by foreflight
RunwayFinder is and has been a valued supplier to ForeFlight. Given our business relationship, some customers have inquired as to whether or not the current matters will affect ForeFlight’s ability to deliver updated charts to ForeFlight HD customers. The answer is simple: ForeFlight will continue to offer monthly chart and data updates to customers, including downloads of VFR sectional and IFR enroute charts, and expects no interruption of service.
Nothing is more important to Team ForeFlight than your faith, trust, support, and encouragement. We will always strive to live up to that, with the same conviction that drove the first pilots skyward.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Comments Off
Posted on December 4, 2010 by foreflight
We’re looking for a pilot to join our customer support team. You’ll join Eric in providing fast, helpful support to ForeFlight users around the world. This is a part-time position for morning support: Monday-Friday from 8am-12pm CST. We’d prefer someone in the greater Houston or Bryan/College Station, TX area, but we’re open to hiring the best person no matter where they live.
You’ll provide “it was so good they couldn’t stop talking about it” customer service via email for ForeFlight apps. You’ll also be responsible for occasional phone support and helping update the FAQ section on our web site.
Once you’re fully up to speed, you’ll be expected to answer 40 emails per morning. This is a significant volume, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of load day after day.
We’re looking for a pilot who loves to help others, someone who can keep smiling even when dealing with tough users (empathy is important), and someone who has a passion for our products and company. You should enjoy the process of making a confused user a happy customer.
In addition, you have to be an excellent writer who enjoys writing. Our users love when we get back to them within 10 minutes with a clear, concise, and friendly answer. Great writing is key.
How to apply
Please submit a short resume detailing your flying experience and work history. Also attach a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work in customer support.
- Why you want to work at ForeFlight and not somewhere else.
- A description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
Also, attach the following writing samples:
- Explain in 3 paragraphs or less why a user would use ForeFlight Mobile HD for preflight planning instead of web sites.
- Respond to a user who doesn’t realize there is a bulk download option, and has been downloading individual plates inside an airport to save them.
- A pilot wrote in wanting to use ForeFlight Mobile as a logbook. Explain that we do not offer logbook functionality.
Email your resume, cover letter, and writing samples to email@example.com. Include “Customer Support” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: jobs | Comments Off