ForeFlight Mobile 4.3.1 is available for download in the App Store. With this update, ForeFlight Mobile now supports the new “never delete” functionality in iOS 5.0.1. This addresses the issue we noted previously where iOS 5 could delete data from inside apps under certain low disk space conditions. With ForeFlight Mobile 4.3.1 running on iOS 5.0.1, your chart and plate data cannot be removed from the app.
This release contains other important bug fixes, and we recommend that everyone update – even if you’re still running iOS 4. Here is the list of improvements in 4.3.1:
- Fix for iOS5 “cleaning” to no longer allow charts and other data to get deleted
- Fix for fuel burn calculations on ruler.
- Significant performance improvements when launching app after a new data cycle starts.
- Sharper IFR chart images at highest zoom level for U.S. and Canada.
- Fix for “Initial Map” setting.
ForeFlight Mobile 4.3.1 is a free update for existing subscribers. Click here for instructions on updating to the latest version.
If you’d like to learn more about what’s new in ForeFlight Mobile 4.3, read our original announcement or watch this video walkthrough: