Posted on May 10, 2012 by foreflight
ForeFlight Mobile 4.5.2 is available for download in the App Store. This release includes application updates, bug fixes, and a firmware update for Stratus.
- Better support for airway identification during touch planning.
- Showing NDB as approach type option on airport view.
- Removed zoom filtering on PIREP markers to show all available PIREPs.
- Fix for bug that sometimes caused app exit when opening app with animated radar running.
- Fix for better display of active upcoming TFR when in the middle of a multi-part TFR.
- Fix for certain international fixes on touch planning.
- Fix for ETD parsing when noon is part of input.
- Fix for bug where updated documents and catalogs didn’t always get refreshed properly.
- Stratus 1.2 firmware update. Visit http://foreflight.com/stratusfirmware for a video walkthrough of how to update the firmware inside ForeFlight Mobile.
- Alert messages when connected to Stratus and trying to view areas of the app without ADS-B data: satellite maps, lightning maps, or Imagery.
- Fix for removing no-data overlay when switching from active WiFi network to Stratus.
- Improvements for Stratus TFR parsing.
Stratus Firmware Update Video
This is a free update for current subscribers. Click here for instructions on updating to the latest version. This release includes important bug fixes, and we recommend that all users update.
Filed under: Bulletin, ForeFlight Mobile | Comments Off
Posted on May 7, 2012 by foreflight
ForeFlight is looking for a software developer to join our data and aeronautical information development team. This individual will have development responsibility for evolving ForeFlight’s aeronautical information database, improving our suite of programs and applications that process data files from commercial providers and aeronautical information publications, and assist with diagnosing issues submitted by pilots, airport managers, and service providers.
ForeFlight aggregates information from sources around the world in a variety of formats (PDFs, csv, fixed width formats, etc.) and packages it into bundles that our iOS and server apps utilize. This individual will have responsibility for creating the next generation of these tools, with the objective of providing real-time aeronautical updates to ForeFlight’s applications.
Technically, this person needs to have a strong background in Java programming and demonstrated SQL, JDBC, and relational data design and expertise. Experience with object versioning patterns is a plus. This person is GIS savvy, or capable of quickly becoming GIS savvy, and is comfortable working with and integrating open source GIS tools into workflows to achieve the company’s objectives. This person has an aptitude for GIS mathematics that belie GIS and GIS toolsets. Experience with ‘master data management’ patterns is a plus. Experience building web applications for display and styling of geospatial data is also a plus (Leaflet, Google Maps, etc.).
This position is based in our Houston, TX or Bryan/College Station, TX offices. This person will be well compensated, respected, loved, and made part of the ForeFlight family. A pilot-coder, or individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a plus. Relocation reimbursement will be provided if moving to either of these areas.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy your transcript.
Filed under: Job Opening | Comments Off