Posted on January 30, 2009 by foreflight
Today we’re proud to unveil ForeFlight File, our latest iPhone aviation app. If you haven’t been ready to take the plunge into our more full-featured iPhone aviation application, ForeFlight File is a great way to get an inexpensive peek at one of the many features available in the ForeFlight Mobile suite.
ForeFlight File is a simple flight plan filing utility for pilots designed for iPhone and iPod touch. File can submit flight plans without any special setup requirements, or you can file plans using your DUATS Access Code and get the extra assurance some pilots prefer. File was designed with the same attention to detail that ForeFlight customers expect, including such user interface gems as our Intelligent Aircraft Color Picker, altitude corrections for VFR and IFR flight plans, detailed email confirmations, detailed status messages when a flight plan fails to file for any reason, and a Fix feature for correcting flight plans that could not be filed for any reason.
Finally, a simple iPhone flight plan filing utility designed for pilots, by pilots!
Other features include:
- Intelligent Altitude Selector sets the proper altitudes based on type of flight plan filed
- iPhone-style pickers for time en route, fuel aboard, departure time, and cruise altitude
- Previous and Next buttons to quickly progress from field to field
- Complete history of all flight plans filed
- A copy function to file a new flight plan from an existing flight plan
- A delete function to remove old flight plans
- Email confirmations that include a flight plan summary, flight plan details, current and forecast weather observations, and ForeFlight confirmation codes
ForeFlight File is available for purchase in the iPhone App Store for $4.99. All of the functionality in ForeFlight File can be found in the Flight Plans tab inside ForeFlight Mobile, so existing customers of ForeFlight Mobile need not purchase ForeFlight File.
Visit our web site to explore features and learn more about the latest addition to the ForeFlight family.
Filed under: File | Tagged: App Store, Apple, appstore, foreflight, iphone, iPhone Aviation | 1 Comment »
Posted on October 19, 2008 by foreflight
The latest version of ForeFlight Checklist is now available in the App Store! New features include:
- New flip view for abnormal procedures – just tap the orange icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Templates in the checklist library now include abnormal procedures.
- Shows previously viewed checklist when starting app. If you are interrupted by a phone call or exit Checklist, you’ll start right where you left off.
- Added Cessna 172I aircraft template.
- Improved formatting of checklist and category name on top title bar.
See the new version in action in our video walkthrough!
To upgrade to the newest version simply run the App Store program on your iPhone or iPod touch and chose the “updates” option on the bottom right. The new version of ForeFlight Checklist will show up for easy updating!
ForeFlight Checklist for Pilots brings easy to use Intelligent Pilot Checklists™ right to your iPhone or iPod touch, built to a level of quality and an attention to detail ForeFlight customers expect. Create and edit your own customized collection of checklists by starting with one of the pre-defined aircraft type templates or start from scratch. We built Checklist to make you a more productive pilot and reduce the amount of heads down time required to find the last checklist item you were looking at.
ForeFlight Checklist v1.0.1
Filed under: ForeFlight Checklist | Tagged: appstore, checklist, foreflight | Comments Off
Posted on August 20, 2008 by foreflight
Apple just posted the latest version of ForeFlight Mobile to the App Store! This update includes quite a few changes.
Here’s a list of the main ones:
- Fixed problem with looping NOAA radar not looping
- Fixed issue where some weather reports would not match between the recents view and the airport wx details view
- Fixed issue with some METAR visibility values showing too low
- Fixed issue where variable winds showed as coming from heading of -001 degrees
- Updated Flight Plan form to use spinners for certain fields (time enroute, fuel aboard, cruise altitude, etc.) and to allow proper scrolling when keyboard is showing. Also changed keyboard to show number keys by default for true airspeed field.
- Flight Plan form saves user input automatically in the background, even when only partially filled out
- Improved performance and speed of Flight Plan form
- Non-U.S. airports now show up in the recent airports list
- Fixed issue where relative humidity would show incorrectly as 100%
- Fixed problem where some links would not work the second time when clicked twice in a row
- Fixed lock-up when clicking on an airport’s nearby weather report
- Airport info view now shows next sunset/sunrise
- Added new hotel button to airport details view
- NOTAMs now provided for a large number of U.S. and international airports (in the airport’s “Alerts” view)
- Corrected problem where certain approach plates would never load properly
- Some airports now show more frequencies
To upgrade to the newest version simply run the App Store program on your iPhone or iPod touch and chose the “updates” option on the bottom right. The new version of ForeFlight will show up for easy updating!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: appstore, foreflight, mobile | Comments Off