Update June 13, 2019: Experimental aircraft running SkyView’s firmware version 15.4.7 and above can now display ADS-B weather and traffic in ForeFlight. Customers with version 15.4.7 should connect to SkyView and see ADS-B weather from either an SV-ADSB-470 or SV-ADSB-472 on ForeFlight, and ADS-B traffic from SV-ADSB-472 only, not from SV-ADSB-470. SV-ADSB-470 customers who want both weather and traffic should contact Dynon to upgrade to a SV-ADSB-472.
We are delighted to announce an integration with Dynon Avionics to bring you secure Wi-Fi connectivity between ForeFlight Mobile on the iPad and iPhone and the SkyView glass panel avionics system. This integration expands our ForeFlight Connect capabilities and delivers more ways to make flying easier and more efficient.
The wireless connectivity between ForeFlight Mobile and the Dynon SkyView system is enabled by a Wi-Fi Adapter for SkyView. The USB adapters may be purchased from an authorized Dynon Avionics dealer or directly from Dynon Avionics. Please see the Dynon website for current pricing.
For software, you will need SkyView version 12.0 or later and ForeFlight Mobile 6.7 or later (Basic or Pro). Once configured, ForeFlight connects to SkyView via a Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) connection.
Your checklist for ForeFlight Mobile + Dynon SkyView Connectivity hardware and software requirements:
- Wi-Fi Adapter for SkyView for each screen you have installed
- SkyView version 12.0 or later
- ForeFlight Mobile version 6.7 or later (Basic or Pro)
After the Wi-Fi Adapter(s) are installed, configure the SkyView Wi-Fi network though SkyView’s Setup Menu. Refer to the current SkyView System Installation Guide for full instructions.
Connect ForeFlight and SkyView
With SkyView turned on, locate the Wi-Fi network in the Settings menu on your iPad or iPhone and connect. You can verify connection in ForeFlight Mobile in the following places:
- When ForeFlight is connected to the SkyView network you will see the Connected logo along the top menu bar:
- Navigate to the Maps view and tap on the Settings menu cog icon in the top menu bar and scroll down to Devices.
- From the Route Editor, tap on the Send To icon to see the panel Connect icon:
- Navigate to the More view > Devices > tap on the SkyView box on the right for connection details.
ForeFlight Mobile and SkyView Connectivity
ForeFlight Mobile and SkyView connectivity has the following capabilities:
- Send and receive flight plan routes between ForeFlight Mobile and SkyView
- ForeFlight Mobile can receive SkyView’s WAAS GPS data to drive the moving map display and information in the HUD instrument panel.
- ForeFlight Mobile can receive SkyView’s AHRS data to drive pitch and roll in the Attitude Indicator and Synthetic Vision views.