Apple just posted the latest version of ForeFlight Mobile to the App Store! This update includes quite a few changes.
Here’s a list of the main ones:
- Fixed problem with looping NOAA radar not looping
- Fixed issue where some weather reports would not match between the recents view and the airport wx details view
- Fixed issue with some METAR visibility values showing too low
- Fixed issue where variable winds showed as coming from heading of -001 degrees
- Updated Flight Plan form to use spinners for certain fields (time enroute, fuel aboard, cruise altitude, etc.) and to allow proper scrolling when keyboard is showing. Also changed keyboard to show number keys by default for true airspeed field.
- Flight Plan form saves user input automatically in the background, even when only partially filled out
- Improved performance and speed of Flight Plan form
- Non-U.S. airports now show up in the recent airports list
- Fixed issue where relative humidity would show incorrectly as 100%
- Fixed problem where some links would not work the second time when clicked twice in a row
- Fixed lock-up when clicking on an airport’s nearby weather report
- Airport info view now shows next sunset/sunrise
- Added new hotel button to airport details view
- NOTAMs now provided for a large number of U.S. and international airports (in the airport’s “Alerts” view)
- Corrected problem where certain approach plates would never load properly
- Some airports now show more frequencies
To upgrade to the newest version simply run the App Store program on your iPhone or iPod touch and chose the “updates” option on the bottom right. The new version of ForeFlight will show up for easy updating!