Today we’re proud to unveil ForeFlight File, our latest iPhone aviation app. If you haven’t been ready to take the plunge into our more full-featured iPhone aviation application, ForeFlight File is a great way to get an inexpensive peek at one of the many features available in the ForeFlight Mobile suite.
ForeFlight File is a simple flight plan filing utility for pilots designed for iPhone and iPod touch. File can submit flight plans without any special setup requirements, or you can file plans using your DUATS Access Code and get the extra assurance some pilots prefer. File was designed with the same attention to detail that ForeFlight customers expect, including such user interface gems as our Intelligent Aircraft Color Picker, altitude corrections for VFR and IFR flight plans, detailed email confirmations, detailed status messages when a flight plan fails to file for any reason, and a Fix feature for correcting flight plans that could not be filed for any reason.
Finally, a simple iPhone flight plan filing utility designed for pilots, by pilots!
- Intelligent Altitude Selector sets the proper altitudes based on type of flight plan filed
- iPhone-style pickers for time en route, fuel aboard, departure time, and cruise altitude
- Previous and Next buttons to quickly progress from field to field
- Complete history of all flight plans filed
- A copy function to file a new flight plan from an existing flight plan
- A delete function to remove old flight plans
- Email confirmations that include a flight plan summary, flight plan details, current and forecast weather observations, and ForeFlight confirmation codes
ForeFlight File is available for purchase in the iPhone App Store for $4.99. All of the functionality in ForeFlight File can be found in the Flight Plans tab inside ForeFlight Mobile, so existing customers of ForeFlight Mobile need not purchase ForeFlight File.
Visit our web site to explore features and learn more about the latest addition to the ForeFlight family.