Tonight we uploaded ForeFlight 2.3 to iTunes and it is now pending Apple’s approval! 2.3 is a huge release – enormous, even – and we’re excited it’s on the way to you. Here’s what’s new:
- Favorites! Yup, it’s been a long time coming. You can now add and remove airports from your favorites list, reorder them and swipe to delete.
- Onboard terminal procedures! Many of you have been asking for this, and your wait is over. You no longer need a network connection to view terminal procedures, as they are saved automagically on device. Just view a procedure to store it. Our “Procedure Onboard” indicators will highlight which procedures are stored on disk and which ones need downloading.
- Over 3,000 new, proprietary airport thumbnail diagrams. No other app comes close to the number of iPhone optimized domestic and international airport diagrams. Phew, those took a while!
- High resolution, zooming satellite imagery centered on any airport you view with animation to come.
- Full screen weather imagery with rotation support and auto-hide controls, just like the iPhone Photo app.
- Terminal procedures support rotation: view them in landscape or portrait mode.
- Graphical TFRs and enhanced NOTAM details
- Update “badges”: when new downloads are ready, the number of downloads available appears on the ForeFlight icon reminding you to get the latest and greatest data.
- A new tab for the download manager, making it easier to get to.
- Customizable tab bar that you can configure to your liking.
- Super sexy flight plan filing email confirmations
- New “VFR (DC SFRA)” flight plan filing option for the Washington, D.C. airspace.
- ARTCC and flight service information for every airport.
- New “Confirm to Dial” application setting that prevents you from accidentally calling an ATIS or other phone number when enabled.
ForeFlight Mobile 2.3 will be available in the App Store later this month. In the meantime, here are some screenshots to tide you over. Enjoy!