The iPad Aviation era keeps getting better. ForeFlight Mobile HD 3.5 is now in the App Store, bringing our moving map, heads-up display to the iPad! Tap the locate button to see your aircraft position and track. Users who enjoyed spitballing routes with the iPhone version will be happy to find this integrated into the ‘Maps’ tab on the iPad. With v3.5, all of the functionality in the iPhone version is available on the iPad! We also improved the radar and satellite on both the iPhone and iPad, with color-coded freezing precipitation, county-level warnings, and a new visible+infrared composite satellite.
New users can download ForeFlight Mobile 3.5 HD from the App Store today!
Already have the app? Click here for instructions on how to update to v3.5.
ForeFlight Slip Maps™ on the iPad and iPhone are amazing, with full-screen HD NEXRAD, satellite, flight rules, sectionals and more. Version 3.5 brings these to the next level, with killer new features done ‘ForeFlight Style’!
- Moving-map, heads up display for iPad with groundspeed, track, altitude, and GPS accuracy
- Locator icon changes to an aircraft when track available
- Animated radar and satellite for iPad
- New visible+infrared composite satellite
- Airport-level radar and satellite (see cells on or around the airport)
- Redesigned artwork for lightning, mesocyclone, tornado, and hail activity
- New base-map for radar and satellite providing street and airport level detail
With v3.5, routes are fully integrated into the iPad version. Instead of making routes a standalone window like the iPhone, we took advantage of the huge iPad screen and integrated them into our Maps. Search for a route in the top-right of Maps tab to see both the route line and a navlog overlay with detailed information about distance, course, fuel burn, and time. Want to see more of the map? Just tap the minimize button and the navlog gets out of your way!
- View the navlog with ETE, fuel, distance, and headwind component
- One tap to file a flight plan, look up ATC routes, or reverse the route
- Favorite routes and recent routes
- Remembers and displays your last saved route after you exit
- Great circle route drawing
- Routes can now include lat/lon values like 32.3N/82.2W
Version 3.5 is also stock full of performance improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved memory management
- iPhone OS 4 compatibility
- Fixed a bug that could cause a download to fail
- Fixed a crash caused by zooming on long routes
- Fixed a bug that caused blank tiles on sectional maps