We’re looking for a pilot to join our customer support team. You’ll join Eric in providing fast, helpful support to ForeFlight users around the world. This is a part-time position for morning support: Monday-Friday from 8am-12pm CST. We’d prefer someone in the greater Houston or Bryan/College Station, TX area, but we’re open to hiring the best person no matter where they live.
You’ll provide “it was so good they couldn’t stop talking about it” customer service via email for ForeFlight apps. You’ll also be responsible for occasional phone support and helping update the FAQ section on our web site.
Once you’re fully up to speed, you’ll be expected to answer 40 emails per morning. This is a significant volume, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of load day after day.
We’re looking for a pilot who loves to help others, someone who can keep smiling even when dealing with tough users (empathy is important), and someone who has a passion for our products and company. You should enjoy the process of making a confused user a happy customer.
In addition, you have to be an excellent writer who enjoys writing. Our users love when we get back to them within 10 minutes with a clear, concise, and friendly answer. Great writing is key.
How to apply
Please submit a short resume detailing your flying experience and work history. Also attach a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work in customer support.
- Why you want to work at ForeFlight and not somewhere else.
- A description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
Also, attach the following writing samples:
- Explain in 3 paragraphs or less why a user would use ForeFlight Mobile HD for preflight planning instead of web sites.
- Respond to a user who doesn’t realize there is a bulk download option, and has been downloading individual plates inside an airport to save them.
- A pilot wrote in wanting to use ForeFlight Mobile as a logbook. Explain that we do not offer logbook functionality.
Email your resume, cover letter, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Customer Support” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!