Update (November 9): We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
We’re looking for a pilot to join our customer support team. You’ll provide fast, friendly support to ForeFlight users around the world. This is a part-time position (~20 hours per week) with a focus on evening hours (~5pm – 9pm CDT) and 1 weekend a month. You can work remotely and telecommute. We’d prefer someone based in Texas, but we’re open to hiring the best person no matter where they live.
You’ll provide “it was so good they couldn’t stop talking about it” customer service via email for ForeFlight apps. You’ll also be responsible for occasional phone support and helping update the FAQ section on our web site.
While training, you’ll be virtually working side-by-side with members of our pilot support team. Once you’re fully up to speed, you’ll be expected to answer 10-20 emails per hour. This is a significant volume, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of load day after day.
We’re looking for a pilot who loves to help others, someone who can keep smiling even when dealing with tough users (empathy is important), and someone who has a passion for our products and company. You should enjoy the process of making a confused user a happy customer.
In addition, you have to be an excellent writer who enjoys writing. Our users love when we get back to them within 10 minutes with a clear, concise, and friendly answer. Great writing is key.
About the position
This is a part-time contract (1099) position. If you’re a good fit and enjoy being part of the team, we would like it to lead to a full-time position.
How to apply
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work at ForeFlight, a description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
- A short resume detailing your work history.
- A list of which hours you could (and could not) work in a typical week.
- A short description of your flying experience, how often you fly now, and what you use to plan your flights.
- The email address on your ForeFlight account.
Also, attach the following writing samples:
- Explain to a potential user in 3 short paragraphs (or less!) why a user would use ForeFlight Mobile for preflight planning instead of web sites.
- Respond to a user who doesn’t realize there is a bulk download option, and has been downloading individual plates inside an airport to save them.
- A pilot wrote in wanting to use ForeFlight Mobile as a logbook. Explain that we do not offer logbook functionality.
Email your resume, cover letter, and writing samples to email@example.com (PDF format preferred). Include “Customer Support” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!