Since Apple released iOS 6, many pilots have reported difficulty connecting to “Made for iPad” external Bluetooth GPSs (such as the DUAL XGPS150, Bad Elf Pro, GNS and GLO) and getting position updates.
These instructions should resolve the issue:
- Open Apple Settings (the grey icon with the “gears”)
- Tap Privacy, then turn OFF Location Services at the top of the page.
- Tap Bluetooth, then tap the blue-arrow to the right of XGPS150 (or other GPS) and then tap Forget this Device.
- Reboot the iPad/iPhone (see below).
- Open Apple Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth, then reconnect (pair) the XGPS150 (or other GPS).
- Tap Privacy, then Turn Location Services back ON.
If needed, here is how you reboot your device:
- Press-and-hold the button at the top of your device while simultaneously holding the home button. Keep both buttons pressed until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears. The device will now restart
If you are using the original plug-in Bad Elf GPS, suggestions are available on the Bad Elf website at https://bad-elf.com/pages/troubleshooting#ios6.
Apple is aware of the issues and reportedly working on a fix. As always email us at email@example.com if you need help.